Here we’re the five statistics that stood out most to me and what they mean for your brand, business, or cause:
- 78 percent of CMOs think custom content is the future of marketing. Simply put – if you’re still standing on the sidelines, it’s time to get in the game. Content marketing might not look the same in five years, but it’s not going away. Need to get your brand, business, or cause up to speed? Here’s a resource that will help.
- Emails with social sharing buttons increase click-thru rates by 158 percent. This is probably the most simple change your brand can make when it comes to improving your content marketing in 2014. If you’re not making it easy for people to share the content you create for your eNewsletters, you’re missing out on a huge opportunity to spread your message to others who aren’t on your email list.
- Videos on landing pages increase conversions by 86 percent. Now more than ever, video and images have become an important part of getting our message across to those we’re trying to reach. Here are a few tips for leveraging visual media to generate leads.
- Customer testimonials have the highest rate (89 percent) of effective content marketing. Your potential customers want to know that what you’re doing works. Look for ways to show them. In some ways, case studies can be more effective than your sales team.
- 67 percent of B2B content marketers consider event marketing the most effective strategy. This doesn’t mean you have to spend thousands of dollars hosting an event for your audience. It could be something as simple as a webinar or Google+ Hangout. These opportunities are great because most of the time, they mean that you have your audience’s undivided attention. You earn the trust of your audience when you take time to add value to their lives or work.
There’s too much at stake for 2014 to be another year of “trying” your best at content marketing. If you want to take the guesswork out of effective content marketing, consider downloading our free eBook, “An Introduction to Content Marketing” today.
What statistics stood out the most to you from the infograph?
Latest posts by Jeremy Chandler (see all)
- 5 ways books can help you increase revenue - March 7, 2014
- 7 benefits of a content marketing editorial calendar - February 28, 2014
- The secret to cultivating great stories about your brand - February 25, 2014