We live in a world that’s noisier than ever. In fact, our society produces more content in a 24-hour period than from the beginning of time until 2003. So how do you break through? Easy. Quit shouting louder than the other guy and tell us some stories about how your goods or services have benefited people.
That is brand journalism.
3 reasons you need a brand journalist in 2014
A few weeks ago, I ran across an interesting article from the VAR guy that explained why more brands, businesses, and causes should consider hiring a brand journalist. Here were three of his best reasons:
- A brand journalist understands the most effective ways to communicate with a targeted audience, crafting original content that is entertaining, informative, educational and timely.
- A brand journalist understands how to leverage unique content to tell a company’s story over and over again, leveraging creative content vehicles including customer testimonials, case studies, original articles, press releases, social media posts, robust blogging and more.
- Brand journalists put real journalism into branding—giving a personality, voice and flavor to a company’s marketing campaigns by producing compelling, entertaining and authoritative content that appeals to diverse audiences.
The power of brand journalism is found in the consistency of quality storytelling. In other words, brand journalism becomes an effective strategy when you commit to a sustained effort to share your organization’s day-in, day-out ability to be a solution provider for others. Influence grows as the number of stories grow. Prospective clients see a body of work that convinces them you are the hero for whom they are looking.
What’s the biggest question you have when it comes to brand journalism and how it can help move people to action?
Latest posts by Jeremy Chandler (see all)
- 7 benefits of a content marketing editorial calendar - February 28, 2014
- The secret to cultivating great stories about your brand - February 25, 2014
- How to get the most value from a freelance copywriter - February 21, 2014