Google Authorship may be the latest evolution of search engine optimization, but it doesn’t have to be an elusive concept.
Here’s what you need to know about Google Authorship for SEO:
- Google Authorship is Google’s attempt to connect original, value-driven content to the people (i.e. human beings) who created it. This is a big win for businesses, brands, and causes who have already made content creation a key way they communicate and engage with their core base.
- You no longer can get away with pasting keywords within the code (unable to be seen by the end user) to game the system and rank higher in organic search.
- Google Authorship may not be in full force just yet. But one thing is for sure – it is already influencing organic search results and personalizing the search experience.
In his Ultimate Guide to Google Authorship, Scott Buehler outlines what you need to know right now to get started with establishing authorship for your blog. He covers all the major platforms and makes it simple for you to get moving on this. If you want to dive deeper into how Google Authorship impacts SEO, I’d definitely encourage you to download the eBook.
Don’t be the one who holds out! Get started today.
How has Google Authorship impacted your search ranking?
Latest posts by Ben Stroup (see all)
- Further commentary about my move to Pursuant - April 2, 2014
- Content marketing is an endurance sport - March 31, 2014
- The fatal flaw in the practice of content marketing - March 24, 2014