Google+ Live Hangouts on Air helps leverage video content in a cluttered media landscape. Over the past several months I’ve made a commitment to record at least one Google+ Live Hangout on Air a month. I decided to do this because:
- Video content is important to SEO.
- I want to highlight the brilliant people I interact with.
- I know search engines like video and image-based content.
- YouTube is the second most used search engine on the PLANET.
- It’s here to stay, so I want to work out all the “awkwardness” that just takes time and experience to correct.
Since launching my monthly Hangout on Air, I’ve realized how beneficial they can be for brands. I’ve also realized that you don’t need a highly-produced video in order to receive the SEO benefit from video content. All you need is:
- One big idea
- At least two people who can carry on an intelligent conversation about it
What are you learning as you experiment with Google+ Live Hangouts on Air?
Latest posts by Ben Stroup (see all)
- The history of content marketing begins before you might think - December 5, 2013
- Books help businesses, brands, and causes increase revenue - December 2, 2013
- Brand journalism and content marketing can save the day - November 29, 2013