The first time I talk to a group about the changing rules of conversation, I typically share my 10 Commandments of Social Media. It is usually one of the most talked about parts of the learning event. I recently turned it into an article for ChurchExecutive.com.
Here is a peak at the list. Read the entire article here.
- Encourage user-generated content.
- Make it shareable.
- Keep relationships the primary focus.
- Provide value.
- Create excellent content.
- Use social media strategically, not casually.
- Keep it short and simple.
- Measure–and measure again.
- Market your social media presence.
- Be patient.
What words of wisdom would you add to the list?
Ben Stroup is a content activist in a post-paragraph world. He is chief broker of opportunity at Ben Stroup Enterprises. Connect with Ben via email, Twitter, and Google+. Subscribe via email to learn how to use content to move people to action.