Two sobering statistics that provide evidence of the value of content marketing are found in a recent Pew study:
- 92% of US adults use search engines
- 59% of US adults use search engines every day
What does that mean?
- People have changed the way that they search for information.
- Consumers are empowered.
- What Google says about you is more important than what you say about you.
- If you don’t reside in the top tier of organic search results, you may never be found.
- Publishing is no longer limited to putting books on shelves but about being found by someone in need of what you have.
What will it take to survive?
- Create cotent that is explicitly and implicitly valuable to your audience.
- Publish frequently and consistently.
- Write more than great headlines.
- Listen intently.
- Become an advocate for the person you’re trying to reach.
What is your plan to leverage content marketing in a world where people will find you before you find them?
Ben Stroup is a content activist in a post-paragraph world. He is chief broker of opportunity at Ben Stroup Enterprises. Connect with Ben via email, Twitter, and Google+. Subscribe via email to learn how to use content to move people to action.