[Note: Since writing this post I have deleted my Issuu.com account.]
Issuu.com is a great tool that until recently had few alternatives. I like to think of it as the YouTube of printed content. (I still think it’s the best on the market to accomplish what it was designed to do…publish online.) As more and more content is being delivered online, Issuu.com becomes an easy way to make it available to others and offers some nice benefits to the publisher.
With Issuu.com I can:
- Publish instantly.
- Track the number of views, downloads, etc. (The analytics aren’t incredible, but they are insightful.).
- Embed the reader on your Web site.
- Easily share a link to content via the Web, e-mail, and social media.
- Download the content for offline consumption.
- Subscribe to the content of others.
- Bookmark other content that appears when people visit your page (Almost a recommended reading option.).
- Comment on what you see and read.
I upgraded to the Pro version for a few unique advantages. If you’re looking for an online publishing platform or an easy way to display your portfolio, Issuu.com has a well-built and well-established solution. If you’re looking to charge for your content, then this isn’t the solution for you.
How do you use Issuu.com?