[Note: I'm continuing a series on Saturdays called "The Toolbox." My intent is to highlight some of the software, products, and services that have become invaluable to me in my work. I think they will be helpful to you, too. I'd welcome your suggestions on what to review. You should know that these are not sponsored posts, and I'm not acting as an affiliate or receiving any funds for this series.]
I’m always surprised when I run into other business owners who aren’t using Google Apps for Business. Because e-mail is so critical to my business, I can’t afford not to use the best option out there. I was already using Google for personal reasons. After having been part of the testing team that switched to Google Apps for Business when I was back in cubicle nation, I was convinced that when I launched out on my own I would do the same.
If you’re not using Google Apps for Business, let me give you seven reasons to consider switching:
- You no longer need an IT consultant to manage your e-mail server.
- You get a suite of office tools (e.g. Google docs) with your account.
- The administrator has all the traditional account controls as your server-hosted solution.
- It costs $50/user a year. (If you’re a nonprofit, you can apply for a free account.)
- You get all the brilliance of Gmail.
- Google Apps Marketplace allows you to seamlessly integrate with other solutions you’re already using (e.g. SalesForce, Box.net, etc.)
- You can brand your account with your logo.
Are you already using Google Apps for Business? Would you recommend it?
Ben Stroup is a content activist in a post-paragraph world. He is chief broker of opportunity at Ben Stroup Enterprises. Connect with Ben via email, Twitter, and Google+. Subscribe via email to learn how to use content to move people to action.