It’s not rocket science. What amazes me is how little churches value “the little things” that can, cumulatively, make a big difference. Here are five practice things your church can do TODAY to increase giving:
- Provide offering envelopes in the pew, chairs, wherever. Make them easily accessible. (They’re not sexy, but they still work. And their cheap, too, when you buy them in bulk.)
- Implement online giving. (Seriously. What are you waiting on?)
- Tell people a story of life change every week BEFORE you take the offering. (People give to life change not your operational needs.)
- Preach a multi-week series on generosity. (Get comfortable talking about money. The people in your pew think about it every day.)
- Monitor your staff’s giving habits. (This is huge. Your people will not rise above the habits of your leadership…including the pastor.)
What practical suggestions would you include?