I’m really excited to see another voice join the conversation of ministry funding. Yes, Money and Mission is targeted at the general nonprofit leader, but I think church leaders can learn from this dialogue, too. In fact, I share the same passion and point-of-view of the blog’s author: Money creates margin, and margin yields more mission and greater potential impact.
Here are 7 reasons churches should talk more about money:
1. The people in your pew are already talking about it.
2. No Money. No Ministry.
3. Silence risks allowing the money God intended to fund His kingdom to go elswhere.
4. Your personal inhibitions do not justify your silence.
5. Giving is an important spiritual discipline. It is equal to prayer, fasting, Bible reading, etc.
6. Stewardship and generosity will change the culture of your church.
7. It is one of the most universal realities that can be used to build a bridge to a lost world.
Are you ready to join the conversation of money, mission, and ministry? (Hint: It’s not optional.)